We are a UK based Live events promoter with both a broad music output and non-music event teams. We are seeking an experienced marketeer to join our touring marketing team. The role will oversee the delivery of the marketing campaigns for the music based touring and live shows promoted by Kilimanjaro. They will manage budgets, design marketing campaigns and be responsible for the delivery of these campaigns, working closely with a team of campaign managers and the design team.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who will be comfortable working with autonomy to strive to achieve the best sales results for these shows. They will be able to lead the team and effectively manage the distribution of workload. They should have some experience in marketing music and /or live music and a thorough understanding of the marketing media mix. A passion for music and an understanding of the structure of the live music industry is a bonus. We are looking for someone who is extremely proficient in digital marketing and social media management.
Kilimanjaro recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the person profile.
The Ideal Candidate :
- Will have proven experience in an event-based marketing role.
- Ability to work under pressure, to short deadlines and manage priorities.
- Be confident working seamlessly across multiple teams maintaining excellent communication.
- An understanding of the structure of the live music industry in the UK.
- Detailed understanding of digital media and emerging trends.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take a campaign from concept to execution ultimately resulting in sales for the event.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Careers@kilimanjarolive.co.uk
JOB DESCRIPTION – KILIMANJARO LIVE LTD
Title – Marketing Manager Touring
Reports to – Head of Business Development
To lead the marketing campaign managers and overseeing the marketing campaigns for all tours and events in close consultation with the Group Head of Marketing ensuring maximum appropriate exposure to achieve the highest possible level of ticket sales. Work closely with the promoting team to plan marketing campaigns for their tours and shows.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To draft, develop and deliver marketing campaigns for Kilimanjaro shows to maximise ticket sales.
- Areas of marketing include Online Marketing, CRM, PR, hand to hand leafleting; display leafleting, OOH, radio, press, and TV. All digital marketing to be approached in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Proactively drive the marketing of shows and tours to ensure maximum sales.
- Manage accurate delivery of the marketing campaigns, ensuring budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Manage relationships with artists representatives, company media partners, agencies and suppliers.
- Liaise directly with media to place partnership and media deals.
- Manage show marketing with venues to ensure Kilimanjaro shows are promoted in an effective and high-profile manner.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of marketing activities and costs.
- Manage and submit financial marketing records and documents for show settlements.
- Oversee the allocation of campaign managements ensuring a good balance of workload throughout the team.
- Manage effective teamwork within the marketing department, to ensure all shows are communicated and discussed to enhance full promotion of shows.
- Manage communication of all weekly marketing activity, in a weekly marketing meeting with all promoters, marketing and digital teams. Ensure action points are implemented.
- To ensure day to day support is provided to all members of the marketing team and the promoters.
- Approve advertising artwork that is in public domain, including press, online, outdoor and TV
- Ensure that all marketing and on sale plans are communicated speedily and accurately, through marketing financial plans and presentation plans.
- Work closely with promoters to understand sensitivities around individual artists, taking direction from them in how artist representatives are to be contacted.
- Oversee relationships with artist PR to ensure we get the best promotion and awareness from the artists.
- Manage all promotional parties on event days including, PR agencies, photographers, reviewers and media partners.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the CEO, department heads or promoters for the benefit of the company.
Kilimanjaro Live work benefits (from day 1):
Annual Leave – contractually 28 days (3 of which to be used between Christmas and New Year)
Wellbeing – we believe in looking after the mental health of our talented workforce, as such we have a Wellbeing hub, mental health first-aider and a wellness action plan
Regular Staff social events
Tickets to our shows/festivals with few exceptions
Post probationary period benefits:
Life Insurance Policy – Equal to four (4) times base salary
Learning and Development – As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals
Pension – Kilimanjaro match pension contributions up to 5% of salary
Private Medical Insurance through WPA
Interest Free Season Ticket Loan Scheme – Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period
Cycle to work scheme – In partnership with Evans Cycles
Maternity/Paternity leave – above statutory requirement